Native son (the biography of a young American) a play in ten scenes by Paul Green and Richard Wright, from the novel by Richard Wright. A Mercury production by Orson Welles, presented by Orson Welles and John Houseman.
- Other Title:
- Native son a play in ten scenes
- New York, London, Harper & Brothers Publishers, [c1941]
ix, , 148 p.,  leaf of plates illus., music 21 cm.
- Thomas, Bigger (Fictitious characters) -- Drama.
African American men -- Drama.
Death row inmates -- Drama.
Trials (Murder) -- Drama.
Chicago (Ill.) -- Drama.
Murderers -- Drama.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Title page printed in brown and black.
"Copyright, 1940 (in novel form), by Richard Wright. Copyright, 1941 (in unpublished form), by Paul Green and Richard Wright. Copyright, 1941, by Paul Green and Richard Wright."
Original production, directed by Orson Wells, opened at the St. James Theatre on March 24, 1941.
Includes songs with music.
Orange-red cloth binding with gold panel on spine lettered in orange-red.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has first issue dustjacket with three blurbs on front lapel retained.
Culture Class Collection copy is 3-I First Edition C-Q".
Culture Class Collection copy has facsimile available for public viewing.
- Penn Provenance:
- Speiser, Maurice J. (Maurice Joseph), b. 1880 (donor) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Speiser, Mrs. (donor) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Green, Paul, 1894- joint author.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Wright, Richard, 1908-1960. Native Son.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|