Political arithmetick, [electronic resource] : or The Old and New Interest Numbers. April 23, 1754. The Poll was closed at the Election for the County of Oxford, which began the 17th, when the Numbers were as follows, viz. For Lord Viscount Wenman, - 2033 Sir James Dashwood, Bart. - 2014 Lord Viscount Parker, - 1919 Sir Edward Turner, Bart - 1890 Majority for Lord Wenman against Lord Parker 114 against Sir Edward Turner 143 Majority for Sir James Dashwood against Lord Parker 95 against Sir Edward Turner 124 The next Day, being the 24th, the Sheriff declared the Numbers, and a Majority in Favour of Lord Wenman and Sir James Dashwood; but a Scrutiny being demanded, the same began the 9th of May, and ended the 30th of the same Month, when the Sheriff thought fit to make a Double Return.
- [Oxford : s.n., 1755]
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
- Government document
1 sheet ; 1/2⁰.
- Debts, Public -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England Oxford.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- The text refers to the House of Commons hearing concerning the 1754 parliamentary election for the county of Oxford, under the date 23 April 1755.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T224049.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|