Memorable accidents and remarkable transactions [electronic resource] : containing an account of several strange events; as deposing of tyrants, shipwrecks, misfortunes, stratagems of war, perilous adventures, happy deliverances; with other uncommon occurrences and select historical events, whic happened in several countries in the last age. Translated from the French and published in English, by R. B.
- Other Title:
- Remarkable accidents and remarkable transactions.
- [Worcester, Mass.] : Printed [by Isaiah Thomas, jun.] at Worcester, Massachusetts, and sold at the Worcester bookstore, 1795.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
142,p. ; 12⁰.
- History -- Miscellanea -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Worcester.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Attributed to T. Léonard in the 'Dictionary of national biography', cf. the article on Robert Burton (pseudonym for Nathaniel Crouch), translator of the work.
Two states of the titlepage noted. In one, the title is as given here; in the other, title begins: 'Remarkable accidents and remarkable transactions ..'.
Printer's name supplied by Evans.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- Evans, 28506
English Short Title Catalog, W27161.
- R. B., approximately 1632-approximately 1725, tr.
Thomas, Isaiah, 1773-1819, printer.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|