The young man's companion [electronic resource] : or, arithmetick made easie; with Plain Directions for a Young Man to attain to Read and Write True English; and Short-Hand. Very easie Rules for Measuring and Plotting of Land, Measuring of Globes, Bullets, Walls, Timber, Stone, Boards, Glass, &c. whether Superficie, or Solids, both by Arithmetick and Gunter's Line: With very easie Rules to compute the Charge of Building Houses, or any part of them. Also the Use of Gunter's Quadrant. With the Art of Dialing, and Colouring Work. Choice Monthly Observations for Gardening, Planting, Pruning, and Grafting of Fruit-Trees. With some useful Directions for Angling. Also Instructions for Inditing of Letters, upon several occasions: How to make Latin Bonds: With Useful Forms of the Law: And Copies sufficient for Writing-Schools. Also a Table of the Great Towns in England; Also what Shire each is in, and their distance in Miles from London. Medicines easily prepar'd for Man and Beasts. Making English Wine. Titles of Honour: Together with the Duties of Christians, that their Joy may be on Earth, as well as in Heaven. With many other Things to incline Youth to Vertue. And a Table to find the material Things in this Book. written by W. Mather, in a plain and easie Stile, that a Young Man may attain the same without a Tutor. .
- The eighth edition: with many additions.
- London : printed for S. Clark, the Corner of Exchange-Alley, next Birchin-Lane, 1710.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
,456,p. : ill. ; 12⁰.
- Handbooks, vade-mecums, etc.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- Alston, III.183
English Short Title Catalog, T52885.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|