The future dictionary of America : a book to benefit progressive causes in the 2004 elections featuring over 170 of America's best writers and artists.
- Other Title:
- Title on disc label: Future soundtrack for America
- [San Francisco] : McSweeney's Books ; [Seattle] : Barsuk Records c2004.
xi, 208 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.), map ; 24 cm. + 1 sound disc (78 min., 20 sec. : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in.).
- Social prediction -- United States.
Political satire, American.
American wit and humor.
United States -- Politics and government -- 2001- -- Humor.
United States -- Politics and government -- 2001- -- Humor -- Dictionaries.
United States -- Social conditions -- Humor.
United States -- Social conditions -- Humor -- Dictionaries.
Humorous songs -- United States -- 2001-
Political ballads and songs -- United States.
- Contents of compact disc: This will be our year (OK Go)
Ain't got so far to go (David Byrne)
Game of pricks (Jimmy Eat World)
This temporary life (Death Cab for Cutie)
I miss you (Blink-182)
Move on (Mike Doughty)
Jerry Falwell destroyed the earth (Ben Kweller)
Off with your head (Sleater-Kinney)
Final straw (R.E.M.)
Going for the gold (Bright Eyes)
The commander thinks aloud (The Long Winters)
Money (will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas)
Tippicanoe and Tyler too (They Might Be Giants)
The ballad of David Icke (Clem Snide)
Date with the night (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
Everything's ruined (Fountains of Wayne)
Your legs grow (Nada Surf)
Yoshimi battles the pink robots (The Flaming Lips)
Northern line (Old 97's)
Sam Stone (Laura Cantrell)
Day after tomorrow (Tom Waits)
A distorted reality is now a necessity to be free (Elliott Smith).
- "An unprecedented book-CD package to benefit progressive causes featuring over 200 of America's best writers, artists & musicians ... also including a 22-track CD with new songs ... "--Book jacket.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- 193241620X :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|