A new academy of compliments [electronic resource] : or, the lover's secretary: being wit and mirth improved, by the most elegant expressions used in the art of courtship, In divers Examples of Writing or Inditing Letters, relating either to Love or Business. Also, The Silent Language; or, a compleat Rule for discoursing by Motion of the Hands, without being understood by the Company. Together with Instructions for writing Figure-Hand, Bills of Exchange, Receipts, Casting Accompts, &c. The Signification of Moles, and the Interpretation Dreams. A never-failing Method for Women to get good Husbands. Likewise, A pleasant Dialogue between six Merry Gossips, paying a Visit to a Lying-in Woman. To which is added, a choice collection of above one hundred and twenty love songs, Merry Catches, and Jovial Healths, being the newest now extant: with plain Instructions for Dancing.
- Other Title:
- New academy of complements
- The seventeenth edition, with additions.
- London : printed for J. Bew, at No. 28, in Paternoster-Row, 1784.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
156p. : ill. ; 12⁰.
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 17th century -- Miscellanea.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T86879.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|