A liberal translation of the New Testament [electronic resource] : being an attempt to translate the sacred writings with the same Freedom, Spirit, and Elegance, With which other English Translations from the Greek Classics have lately been executed: The Design and Scope of each Author being strictly and impartially explored, the True Signification and Force of the Original critically observed, and, as much as possible, transfused into our Language, and the Whole elucidated and explained upon a new and rational Plan: with select notes, critical and explanatory. By E. Harwood. ... .
- Standardized Title:
- Bible. N.T. English. Harwood.
- London : printed for T. Becket and P. A. de Hondt, in the Strand; and J. Johnson, in Pater-Noster Row; T. Cadell, at Bristol; J. Gore and J. Sibbald, at Liverpool; and T. Bancks, at Warrington, M.DCC.LXVIII. 
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
2v. ; 8⁰.
- Bible. N.T.. -- English. -- Selections -- Early works to 1800.
Bible. New Testament. -- Commentaries -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Vol.2 contains 'Clement's epistle to the Corinthians' with a divisional titlepage, and a final leaf of advertisements.
A prospectus for this work was published in 1765 entitled 'Proposals for printing by subscription, A liberal translation of the New Testament; .. By E. Harwood'.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- Darlow & Moule, 1193
English Short Title Catalog, T94463.
- Harwood, Edward, 1729-1794.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|