England's perfect school-master. [electronic resource] : Or, directions for exact spelling, reading, and writing. Shewing how to spell or read any chapter in the Bible by four and twenty words only. With Examples of most words, from one to six Syllables, both in whole Words, and also divided: With Rules how to spell them. Also how to spell all such words which are alike in sound, yet differ in their Sense and Spelling. Together with the true meaning and use of all Stops and Points to be observed by all that would Read and Write well. With a Table of Orthography, shewing how to write true English. With several Copies of the most usual Hands Engraven in Copper. As also, Variety of Pieces, both of English and Latin Verse, on the most remarkable Passages mentioned in Scripture; very useful for Writing-Schools. Lastly, Directions for Writing of Letters, Acquittances, Bills of Exchange, Bills of Parcels, Bills of Debt, Bonds, &c. How to state Accompts aright, &c. The ninth edition, much enlarged. By Nathaniel Strong, School-Master in London: At the Hand and Pen on Great-Tower-Hill, in Red-Cow-Alley.
- London : printed by T. W. for Benjamin Billingsly, at the Printing-Press in Cornhil, near the Royal-Exchange, 1706.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
,127,p.,plates ; 8⁰.
- English language -- Orthography and spelling -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- Alston, IV.109
English Short Title Catalog, T100318.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|