The complete measurer [electronic resource] : or, the whole art of measuring. In two parts. The first part teaching decimal arithmetick, with the Extraction of the Square and Cube Roots: And also the Multiplication of Feet and Inches, commonly called Cross Multiplication. The second part teaching to measure all sorts of superficies and solids, by Decimals; by Cross-Multiplication, and by Scale and Compasses: Also the Works of several Artificers, relating to Building; and the Measuring of Board and Timber. Shewing the common Errors. And some Practical Questions. The eleventh edition. To which is added, An appendix. 1. Of Gauging. 2. Of Land-Measuring. Very useful for all Tradesmen; especially Carpenters, Bricklayers, Plasteters, Painters, Joiners, Glasiers, Masons, &c. By William Hawney, Philomath. Recommended by the Reo. Dr. John Harris, F. R. S. .
- London : printed for J. Knapton, H. Woodfall, J. Rivington, R. Baldwin, L. Hawes, W. Clarke and R. Collins, J. Richardson, G. Keith, S. Crowdep and Co. T. Longman, B. Law and Co. R. Ware, and J. Hinxman. 1763.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
ix,,346,p. : ill. ; 12⁰.
- Mensuration -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- With a final leaf of advertisements.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T110330.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|