The world display'd: or, several essays [electronic resource] : consisting of the various characters and passions of its principal inhabitants. Viz. 1 The Young Man. 2 The Stay'd Man. 3 The Good old Man. 4 The Modest Man. 5 The Bold Man. 6 The Complaisant Man. 7 The Rich Man. 8 The Poor Man. 9 The Self-conceited Man. 10 The Suspicious Man. 11 The Reserved Man. 12 The Contemplative Man. 13 The ordinary Honest Man. 14 The Lascivious Man. 15 The Prophane Man. 16 The World's Wise Man 17 The Proud Man. 18 The Meddling Man. 19 The Weak Man. 20 The Affected Man. 21 The meer Great Man. 22 The plain Country Man. 23 The precise Female Hypocrite. 24 Characters of an Attorney. A raw young Preacher. An Alderman. An Upstart Knight. A Sceptic. A Coward. A Detractor. An Antiquary. A Surgeon. A Gallant, or Petit-Maitre. A Flatterer. A Drunkard. A Meer Citizen. A Church Papist. A Grave Divine. A University Dunn, and a Handsome Bar-keeper. With many Others. .
- Other Title:
- London : printed for and sold by C. Ward and R. Chandler, Booksellers, at the Ship without Temple-Bar, and at their shops in Coney-Street, York, and at Scarborough-Spaw, 1740.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
,iv,,164p. ; 12⁰.
- Characters and characteristics.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- The author named in the preface as John Earle.
A reissue of sig. B-P of the edition of 1732 entitled: 'Microcosmography' with new preliminaries.
At the bottom of title page: Price Two Shillings bound.
Pp.145-156 misnumbered 133-144.
With an initial leaf of advertisements.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T112962.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|