The director [electronic resource] : or, young woman's best companion. Being the plainest and cheapest of the kind ever yet publish'd: the whole makes a compleat family cook and physician. Containing Above Three Hundred easy Receipts in Cookery, Pastry, Preserving, Candying, Pickling, Collaring, Physick, and Surgery. To which are added, Plain and easy Instructions for chusing Beef, Mutton, Veal, Fish, Fowl, and other Eatables. Directions for Carving, and to make Wines: Likewise Bills of Fare for every Month in the Year. With a complete Index to the Whole. A Book necessary for all Families. By Sarah Jackson. Collected for the Use of her own Family and printed at the Request of her Friends.
- The second edition. Corrected and greatly improv'd by the author: ..
- London : printed for S. Crowder and H. Woodgate, at the Golden Ball in Pater-Noster Row MDCCLV. 
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
,131;p. : ill. ; 12⁰.
- Cooking -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Includes: 'Explanation of the following tables.', with separate register.
Braces in imprint.
Price from imprint: price 1 s. 6 d.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T128239.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|