The traveller's pocket-book [electronic resource] : or, Ogilby and Morgan's book of the roads, improved and amended, in a method never before attempted. Containing, I. An alphabetical list of all the cities, Towns, and remarkable Villages, showing in what Road they are situated. II. The Distances in measured Miles from London to all the Cities, Towns, and remarkable Villages, in England and Wales according to the new erected Mile Stones: And an Account of such Noblemens and Gentlemens Seats as lie near the Road Side. III. The Cross Roads in England and Wales. IV. A new whole Sheet Map of the Roads in England and Wales, as also those in Scotland, fitted to bind with the Book. V. The High Roads in Scotland, measured from Edinburgh, with the principal Cross Roads, in English Miles. VI. The Circuits of the Judges. Vii. The Post Master-General's Account of the Nights that Post-Letters are despatched to the several trading Towns. Viii. A list of the fairs in England and Wales, regulated according to the New Stile.
- The twenty-first edition, corrected, and considerably improved.
- London : printed for J. Buckland, J. Rivington, T. Lowndes, J. Wilkie, B. Law, T. Caslon, J. Debrett, C. Corbet, C. Bowles, E. Newbery, J. Sewell, W. Domville, J. Russel, and R. Baldwin, 
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
,iv-xlviii,178p.,plate : map ; 16⁰.
- Roads -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- Road maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- An abridgment, largely reworked, of Ogilby's 'Britannia', first published in 1676 as 'Mr. Ogilby's Tables', then as 'Mr. Ogilby's Pocket book of roads', then as 'Ogilby's and Morgan's Pocket book of the roads, then as 'The traveller's pocket-book'.
Braces in imprint.
Price from imprint: Price 1s. 6d.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- Roscoe, A392 (1)
English Short Title Catalog, T134016.
- Morgan, William, d. 1690. , Author
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|