The country justice [electronic resource] : containing the practice, duty and power of the justices of the peace, as well in as out of their sessions. By Michael Dalton of Lincolns-Inn, Esq; And one of the Masters in Chancery. Wherein all the statutes in force and Use from Magna Charta 9 Hen. III. to 15 & 16 Geo. II. and also All the Cases in Law, relating to the Jurisdiction and Authority of Justices of the Peace, are carefully collected and digested under proper titles. And For the better Help of such Justices of Peace as have not been much conversant in the Study of the Laws of this Realm, there is added, An Appendix; Being A Compleat Summary of all the Acts of Parliament, shewing the various Penalties of Offences by Statute, and the particular Power of One, Two, Three, or more Justices, in their Proceedings and Determinations, under several distinct Heads, in Alphabetical Order. With four tables, The First, of the Heads of the Chapters. The Second, of All the Statutes relating to Justices of the Peace. The Third, of the Divisions and Sub-Divisions contained in the Appendix: And, The Fourth, of The Principal Matters. And The Precedents Translated into English. Also addenda, containing The Statutes of 16, 17, 18 & 19 Geo. II. with all the Modern Cases of Authority published since the Year 1742, down to the Present Time. .
- Other Title:
- Countrey justice
- [London] : In the Savoy: printed by Henry Lintot (assignee of Edw. Sayer, Esq;) and sold by S. Birt, at the Bible and Ball in Ave-Mary-Lane; D. Browne, at the Black Swan without Temple-Bar; and J. Shuckburgh, at the Sun next the Inner Temple-Gate in Fleetstreet, M.DCC.XLVI. 
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
,508,p. ; 2⁰.
- Justices of the peace -- Great Britain.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- A reissue of the 1742 edition, with a new titlepage and addenda (pp.495-508).
The tables are unpaginated.
Braces in imprint.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T139478.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|