A master-Key to popery. [electronic resource] : In five parts. Part I. Containing a discovery of the most secret practices of the secular, and regular Romish priests in their auricular confession. Part II. A true Copy of the Pope's yearly Bull of Indulgences and Pardon of Sins, to all those that serve in the War against the Enemies of the Romish Religion. The Explanation of the Bull, with some Remarks upon it. Part III. An Account of their Masses, privileg'd Altars, Transubstantiation, and Purgatory, and of the Means, the Priests make use of, to delude the People. Part IV. Of the Inquisitors, and their Practices in several Instances. Part V. Of their prayers, adoration of images, and relicks, &c. By D. Antonio Gavin, born and educated in Spain, some Years secular Priest in the Church of Rome, and since 1715, Minister of the Church of England.
- The second edition, carefully corrected from the errors of the first, with large additions.
- London : printed for J. Stephens, at the Bible in Butcher-Row, near St. Clement's Church in the Strand; and sold by A. Bettesworth, J. Osborn, and T. Longman, in Pater-Noster-Row; W. Meadows, and J. Brotherton. in Cornhill; J. Maceuen in Edinburgh; and by the booksellers of Dublin, 1725.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
,xii,259,p. ; 12⁰.
- Catholic Church -- Controversial literature -- Protestant authors.
Catholic Church -- Doctrinal and controversial works -- Protestant authors.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
On fine paper.
P.1 signed B.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T140325.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|