The Flagellant [electronic resource].
- London [England] : printed for the authors; and sold by T. and J. Egerton, near Whitehall, M DCC XCII. 
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
9 v. ; 8⁰.
No. I. Thursday, March 1, 1792.-
Ceased with: No.9 [ Apr. 26, 1792]. Cf. NCBEL.
- Satire, English -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
Theology -- History -- 18th century -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
Corporal punishment -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
- Essays -- England -- 18th century.
Periodicals -- England -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- On no. 1, p. 4: "Avowedly written by the Westminster Boys"; authorship attributed to Robert Southey, among others, while at Westminster School (cf. NCBEL).
Title from half-title; title page of no. 1 lacking in copy cataloged.
Title and designation repeated as caption on first page of text.
Imprint from title page of no.2; imprint includes year of publication.
Satiric essays against flogging, invoking Christian theology and attributing corporal punishment to the Devil.
No more published.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from Harvard University Houghton Library.
- Cited in:
- NCBEL, II:1289
Crane & Kaye, 240
Times handlist, p.26
English Short Title Catalog, P2562.
- Southey, Robert. attributed name.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|