The London museum of politics, miscellanies, and literature [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Portion of title: London museum
The London museum
- London [England] : printed for J. Miller, at number 2, Queen's-Head-Passage, Paternoster-Row, 1770-
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
v., plates : ports., music, tables ; 8⁰.
Semiannual (collected issues)
[Vol. I. (Jan.-June 1770)]-
Ceased in 1772?
- Political satire, English -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- Politics and government -- Caricatures and cartoons -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- History -- George III, 1760-1820 -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1760-1789 -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
- Periodicals -- England -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Includes proceedings of the British and Irish Parliaments, other political news, gossip and satirical cartoons on principal political characters. With correspondence from readers including 'Junius' and John Wilkes, lists of new books with prices, and a monthly section of 'Principal events and occurrences'.
- Imprint includes year of publication.
Imprints vary; v. 4 reads in part: "printed for T. Evans at number 54, Paternoster-Row".
Caption title at head of first page of text in monthly issues includes date of publication.
Monthly issues in collected volumes lack title pages or wrappers.
Volume numeration begins with v. 2.
Volumes lack chronological designation apart from the imprint date.
Monthly issues unnumbered.
Extent of publication uncertain; only four complete volumes known.
Collects monthly issues of: The London museum.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- NCBEL, II:1304
Times handlist, p. 44
Crane & Kaye, 406
English Short Title Catalog, P2811.
- Wilkes, John, 1727-1797, contributor.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|