The Tuner [electronic resource].
- London [England] : printed and sold by M. Cooper, in Pater-noster-Rowe, M DCC LIV. -1755.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
5 v. : ill. ; 8⁰.
[Letter the first (1754)]-Letter the fifth [(1755)].
- Satire, English -- 18th century -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.
- Periodicals -- England -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Satirical essays in the form of letters to "Eugenius" attacking bad plays, bad performances, bad writing and 'bad' politics.
- Title page includes vignette, with border motto: "Messieurs et mes dames voulez vous de la musique."
Imprints vary; letters 2-5 include: "sold by Mr. Lewis at Covent-Garden; Mrs. Kingman at the 'Change; and G. Woodfall at Charing-Cross."
Note following designation on letters 2-5: "To be occasionally continu'd."
Price below imprint.
Note from preface to letter 1 reads in part: "I inlist myself in the service [of taste], not periodically engaged, but an occasional volunteer".
Numeration begins with no. 2
Issues lack chronological designation; dated from imprints.
No more published.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- Crane & Kaye, 899
English Short Title Catalog, P2831.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|