Reading Black : essays in the criticism of African, Caribbean, and Black American literature / edited by Houston A. Baker, Jr.
- [Ithaca, N.Y.] : [Africana Studies and Research Center, Cornell University], [©1976]
- Cornell University. Africana Studies and Research Center. Monograph series ; no. 4.
Monograph series - Africana Studies and Research Center ; no. 4
vi, 58 pages ; 28 cm.
- Literature -- Black authors -- History and criticism.
Blacks in literature.
Literature -- Black authors.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) Ithaca.
- Aesthetic illusions / Wole Soyinka
The African critic today: toward a definition / Ezekiel Mphahlele
The love axe (1): developing a Caribbean aesthetic, 1962-1974 / Edward Kamau Brathwaite
The function of Black criticism at the present time / Addison Gayle, Jr.
Afro-American culture and the Black aesthetic: notes toward a re-evaluation / J. Saunders Redding
On the criticism of Black American literature: one view of the Black aesthetic / Houston A Baker, Jr.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Baker, Houston A., Jr., 1943-
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Reading Black.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|