Ritual and domestic life in prehistoric Europe / Richard Bradley.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2005.
xiv, 234 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Rites and ceremonies, Prehistoric -- Europe.
Architecture, Prehistoric -- Europe.
Agriculture, Prehistoric -- Europe.
Tools, Prehistoric -- Europe.
Human remains (Archaeology) -- Europe.
Antiquities, Prehistoric -- Europe.
- Death and the harvest : how archaeologists have distinguished between ritual and domestic life
The consecration of the house : how domestic buildings took on special qualities
A duty of care : how everyday activities assumed a special significance
A house with a pool : rituals and the materials of farming
Multiplication and division : the problem of utilitarian bronze hoards
The rites of separation : domestic rituals and public ritual in the Iron Age
What remains to be seen : some implications of the argument.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 211-230) and index.
- 0415345502 (hbk. : alk. paper) 0203567048 (electronic)
0415345510 (pbk.) 0415235510
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|