Cultivating and keeping committed special education teachers : what principals and district leaders can do / Bonnie S. Billingsley ; foreword by James McLeskey.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press, c2005.
xxiv, 230 p. ; 26 cm.
- Teachers of children with disabilities -- In-service training.
Teachers of children with disabilities -- Vocational guidance.
- Introduction : a leader's framework for teacher retention
Why special educators leave and why it matters
Finding and cultivating high-quality special educators
Supporting new special educators through responsive induction
Designing effective professional development
Creating inclusive and collaborative schools
Designing reasonable work assignments
Promoting wellness by reducing stress
Strategic planning for teacher quality and retention.
- "A joint publication with the Council for Exceptional Children"--T.p. verso.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 209-218) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the James Hosmer Penniman Book Fund.
- James Hosmer Penniman Book Fund.
- 1412908876 (cloth : acid-free)
1412908884 (pbk.: acid-free)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|