Failure is not an option : six principles that guide student achievement in high-performing schools / Alan M. Blankstein ; foreword by Michael Fullan.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press, c2004.
xii, 276 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- School improvement programs -- United States.
Academic achievement -- United States.
Educational leadership -- United States.
- Why failure is not an option
Courageous leadership for school success
Ten common routes to failure, and how to avoid each
Building a professional learning community with relational trust
Principle #1, Common mission, vision, values, and goals
Principle #2, Ensuring achievement for all students : systems for prevention and intervention
Principle #3, Collaborative teaming focused on teaching and learning
Principle #4, Using data to guide decision making and continuous improvement
Principle #5, Gaining active engagement from family and community
Principle #6, Building sustainable leadership capacity / by Alan M. Blankstein with Andy Hargreaves and Dean Fink.
- "A copublication of Corwin Press and The Hope Foundation."
Includes bibliographical references (p. 258-269) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the James Hosmer Penniman Book Fund.
- James Hosmer Penniman Book Fund.
- 1412909333 (cloth)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|