The bee hiue of the Romishe Churche· [microform] : Wherein the authour a zealous Protestant, vnder the person of a superstitious papist, doth so driely refell the grose opinions of popery, and so diuinely defend the articles of Christianitie, that (the sacred Scriptures excepted) there is not a booke to be founde, either more necessarie for thy profite, or sweeter for thy comforte. Translated out of Dutch into English by George Gilpin the Elder.
- Standardized Title:
- Byencorf der H. roomsche Kercke. English
- Other Title:
- Bee hive of the Romishe Churche
Bee hive of the Romish Church
Bee hiue of the Romish Church
- [London] : These bookes are to be soulde [by A. Maunsell] in Paules Churchyard, at the signe of the Parret. Printed at London [at the three Cranes in the Vinetree, by Thomas Dawson, for Iohn Stell], 1579.
- Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 2011:3.
, 346,  leaves,  plates (1 folded)
- Hervet, Gentian, 1499-1584. Missyve oft seyndbrief aen de verdoolde van den Christen gheloove -- Controversial literature -- Early works to 1800.
Catholic Church -- Controversial literature -- Early works to 1800.
- Foreword signed: Isaac Rabbotenu, i.e. Philips van Marnix van St. Aldegonde.
A translation of: De byencorf der H. roomsche Kercke.
Editor's dedication signed: Iohn Stell.
A reply to: Hervet, Gentian. Missyve oft seyndbrief aen de verdoolde van den Christen gheloove.
Printer's and publisher's names from colophon; bookseller's name from STC.
The first leaf and the last leaf are blank.
The "plates" are woodcuts.
Running title reads: The bee hiue of the Romish Church.
A reissue of STC 17445, with cancel title page.
Variant: title page in another setting, with "solde" in imprint.
Copy filmed at UMI microfilm Early English Books 1475-1640 reel 2011 lacks leaves 266 and 345.
Reproduction of original in the Cambridge University Library, England.
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1993. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 2011:3). s1993 miun a
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd ed.) 17445.5
- Stell, John, fl. 1580.
Gilpin, George, 1514?-1602.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|