Proteus redivivus: the art of vvheedling or insinuation [microform] : in general and particular conversations and trades. Together with the several actions, inclinations and passions of both sexes, and of all their professions and occupations. Discovering their many tricks and designs to self-advancement, though by indirect wayes and methods; fitly suited to these times, to prevent the vertuous from abuses, and to detect the enormities of the vitious. Furnished with many delightful songs in various chapters. Compil'd and publish'd formerly by R.H. but now reprinted with additions in every chapter, to almost one half of the book, by the same author.
- Other Title:
- Proteus redivivus: the art of wheedling or insinuation
- London : printed for Tho. Passinger, at the Three Bibles on London-Bridge, 1684.
- Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2404:6.
, 322 p.,  leaf of plates : ill.
- Swindlers and swindling -- Early works to 1800.
Rogues and vagabonds -- Early works to 1800.
- "The authors epistle" signed: R.H., i.e. Richard Head.
Frontis. plate signed: Wm Bodley sculpt.
Reproduction of original in the Folger Shakespeare Library.
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1997. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2404:6). s1997 miun a
- Cited in:
- Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) H1274A
- Bodley, William, fl. 1647, engraver.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|