La memoire dure [videorecording] / produced by Rossella Ragazzi.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Title on container : Mermoire dure
- Watertown, MA : Documentary Educational Resources, c2005.
1 videocassette (ca. 88 min.) : col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.
- Multicultural education -- France.
Minorities -- Education -- France.
Teacher-student relationships -- France.
- Educational films.
- In French with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD - NTSC.
- Five children from countries such as Mali, Liberia, and Algeria are filmed "showing how they were received in France and the relationship between teachers and pupils. The children learn not only the language but also the values of their host society. Each child has strengths that often cannot be utilized effectively by the school but that are brought to light in the film ... the teacher ... a dedicated and passionate educator. The children, their parents, teachers and administrators were involved as part of the filmmaking process. Issues of immigration, cultural assimilation, social integration and educational process are analyzed within the context of this film"--Container.
- Camera, sound, editing, Rossella Ragazzi ; English subtitles, Rossella Ragazzi, Siv Øevernes.
- Originally released in 2001.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Ragazzi, Rossella. , Director
Documentary Educational Resources (Firm) , Distributor
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|