Max Perkins, editor of genius / A. Scott Berg
- [1st ed.]
- New York : E. P. Dutton, [c1978].
viii, , 498,  pages,  pages of plates : illustrations, portraits ; 24 cm.
- Perkins, Maxwell E. (Maxwell Evarts), 1884-1947.
Editors -- United States -- Biography.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Part One. The real thing; Paradise; Provenance; Branching out; A new house; Companions; A man of character; A little honest help
Part Two. Crises of confidence; Mentor; Lamentations; The sexes; Triumphs over time
Part Three. Going home again; Critical times; The letter; A sad farewell; By the wind grieved
Part Four. To everything a season; Diminutions; Portrait in gray and black; A toss of the hat.
- "Thomas Congdon books."
"The text of this book was set on the Linotype in Garamond, a modern rendering of the type first cut in the sixteenth century by Claude Garamond (1510-1561)."
"Jacket illustration by David Levine."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Storage copy inscribed to literary agent Bertha Klausner by Doug Smith.
Potok Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
Potok Collection copy has autograph of "Chaim Potok 1978".
- Penn Provenance:
- Potok, Adena (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
Potok, Chaim (autograph) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Levine, David, 1926-2009.
The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|