Correspondence with Franz Werfel, 1942.
4 items (4 leaves).
- Chapman was a Catholic priest (of the Jesuit order) at Loyola University, New Orleans.
- Mainly concerns a song written by Chapman, "The Song of Bernadette," which was inspired by Franz Werfel's novel of the same title; Werfel liked the song and forwarded it to William Perlberg, producer of the movie of the same title, which was based on Werfel's book. Mention is also made of Werfel's possible delivery of a lecture at a public forum at Loyola University in 1943; for related correspondence on that matter, see correspondent: Toomey, John A.
- Includes a carbon copy of 1 letter from Franz Werfel.
- Loyola University (New Orleans, La.)
- Contained In:
- Mahler-Werfel Papers. Folder 189.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|