Cottoni posthuma [microform] : divers choice pieces of that renovvned antiquary Sir Robert Cotton, Knight and Baronet, preserved from the injury of time, and expos'd to public light, for the benefit of posterity, by J.H. Esq;
- Other Title:
- Short view of the long life and reign of Henry the Third
- London : printed by Francis Leach, for Henry Seile over against St. Dunstans Church in Fleetestreet, 1651.
- Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2529:5.
, 351, , 27,  p.
- Catholic Church -- England -- Early works to 1800.
Ambassadors -- Early works to 1800.
Prerogative, Royal -- England -- Early works to 1800.
Wager of battle -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1603-1714 -- Early works to 1800.
- J.H. = James Howell, who signs the editor's dedication.
Signatures: A4 B-Z [par.]-2 A.
Consists of 17 pieces; each, except the first, has a separate title page dated 1651.
Includes "The danger wherein this kingdome now standeth, and the remedy", not mentioned in list of contents at end of "To the reader".
Leaf [par.]1 is blank except for a leaf on recto.
"A short view of the long life and reign of Henry the Third" has separate Wing and Thomason numbers, and separate pagination and register, with imprint "printed by William Bentley, for William Shears". However, this edition was apparently never issued separately.
Annotation on Thomason copy: "Aprill 30".
Reproduction of original in the Henry E. Huntington Library.
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1998. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2529:5). s1998 miun a
- Cited in:
- Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) C6485
Wing (2nd ed., 1994) C6500
- Howell, James, 1594?-1666.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|