The innocent delivered out of the snare, and the blind guide fallen into the pit. Or, an answer to a booke entituled, The great mysteries of godliness and ungodliness, full of lies, slanders, and false accusations; [microform] : put forth by Ralph Farmer, a pretended minister in the city of Bristol, against those innocent, peaceable, despised people scornfully called quakers, wherein Iohn Thurloe, Secretary of State, to whom R. Farmer's book was directed, may read the answer wherin their false accusations are made manifest. And several quæries that was sent to them that call themselves minister in the city of Bristol, being yet unanswered by them: and also a warning from the Lord to the people, to repent and prize the day of their visitation. / By a servant of the Lord, called Iohn Audland. Whereunto is added an answer to a scandalous paper, put forth by VVilliam Prynne, intitulled, The quakers unmasked, and clearly detected; ... Also the lyer reproved, or an answer to a book put out by one Samuel Morris of Bristoll, who is found an enemie of Christ and his people.
- Other Title:
- Innocent delivered out of the snare, and the blind guide fallen into the pit
Answer to a booke entituled, The great mysteries of godliness and ungodliness
- London, : Printed for Giles Calvert, and are to be sold at his shop at the Black Spread-Eagle, neer the west end of Pauls., 1655.
- Thomason Tracts ; 126:E.831.
, 45,  p.
- Farmer, Ralph. Great mysteries of godlinesse and ungodlinesse.
Prynne, William, 1600-1669. Quakers unmasked, and clearly detected to be but the spawn of Romish frogs, Jesuites, and Franciscan fryers.
Morris, Samuel, of Bristol. Looking-glasse for the Quakers and Shakers.
Society of Friends -- Apologetic works -- Early works to 1800.
- A reply to: Farmer, Ralph. The great mysteries of godlinesse and ungodlinesse; Prynne, William. The Quakers unmasked, and clearly detected to be but the spawn of Romish frogs, Jesuites, and Franciscan fryers; and Morris, Samuel. A looking-glasse for the Quakers and Shakers.
Annotation on Thomason copy: "Aprill. 9".
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1978. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Thomason Tracts ; 126:E.831). s1978 miun a
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd ed., 1994) A4196
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|