The powring out of the seven vials: or An exposition, of the 16. chapter of the Revelation, with an application of it to our times. [microform] : Wherein is revealed Gods powring out the full vials of his fierce wrath. 1. Upon the lowest and basest sort of Catholicks. 2. Their worship and religion. 3. Their priests and ministers. 4. The house of Austria, and the Popes supremacy. 5. Episcopall government. 6. Their Euphrates, or the streame of their supportments. 7. Their grosse ignorance, and blind superstitions. Very fit and necessary for this present age. Preached iu [sic] sundry sermons at Boston in New-England: by the learned and reverend Iohn Cotton BB. of Divinity, and teacher to the church there
- Other Title:
- Exposition, of the 16. chapter of the Revelation, with an application of it to our times.
- London : Printed for R.S. and are to be sold at Henry Overtons shop in Popes-head alley, 1642.
- Thomason Tracts ; 26:E.145.
, 35, , 24, 24, 43, , 16, 14, , 19,  p.
- Local subjects:
- Bible. N.T.. Revelation XVI. -- Prophecies -- Early works to 1800.
Bible. N.T.. Revelation XVI. -- Sermons -- Early works to 1800.
- Introduction "To the Christian reader" signed: I.H. [i.e. John Humfrey] "Mr. Humfrey had gotten the notes from some who had took them by characters and printed them in London .. which was a great wrong to Mr. Cotton .. for it had been fit he should have perused and corrected the copy before it had been printed"--Entry in Winthrop's Journals, 1642.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1977. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Thomason Tracts ; 26:E.145). s1977 miun a
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd ed., 1994) C6449.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|