Hokum : an anthology of African-American humor / edited by Paul Beatty.
- First U.S. edition.
- New York : Bloomsbury, 2006. , ©2006
- New York : Distributed to the trade by Holtzbrinck Publishers
- Fairfield, PA : Quebecor World Fairfield
viii, 468 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- African American wit and humor.
American literature -- African American authors.
African Americans -- Literary collections.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Fairfield.
United States New York (State) New York (City).
- A collection of African-American writings is comprised of poetry, prose, political speeches, hip-hop, and the blues by such authors as Langston Hughes, Darius James, Zora Neale Hurston, and W.E.B. Du Bois.
- Pissed off to the highest degree of pisstivity
(Nothing serious) just buggin'
- "Printed in the United States of America by Quebecor World Fairfield"--verso of title page.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy retains dust jacket.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Beatty, Paul, editor.
Bloomsbury (Firm), publisher.
Quebecor World Fairfield, printer
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|