Mardi Gras [videorecording] : made in China / Carnivalesque Productions ; directed, produced, and edited by David Redmon.
- Other Title:
- Made in China
Subtitle on disc label: Beads, breasts & business: a story of globalization gone wild!
- [S.l. : s.n.], c2006.
1 videodisc (ca. 62 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Manufacturing industries -- China -- Fuzhou (Fujian Sheng)
Working class -- China -- Fuzhou (Fujian Sheng)
China -- Economic conditions -- 1976-2000.
China -- Economic conditions -- 2000-
- Documentary films.
- Some dialogues in Mandarin with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- A documentary that explores the production, consumption, and disposal of Mardi Gras beads. Filmed on location in Fuzhou, China and New Orleans, Louisiana, the film follows "The Bead Trail" backwards from the bacchanalia at Mardi Gras to the factories in Fuzhou where the beads are made. When each group is shown images of the other, the cycle of misunderstanding goes a long way in explaining how the commodity chain is kept in place.
- Special features: audio commentary by filmmakers David Redmon and Ashley Sabin; additional interviews; deleted scenes; bonus scenes; Mardi Gras...at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival; trailers.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
- Redmon, David. , Producer, Director, Film editor
Carnivalesque (Firm) , Producer
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|