Secret honor [videorecording] : a political myth / Sandcastle 5 Productions, Inc. in cooperation with University of Michigan Department of Communication and the Los Angeles Actors Theatre ; written by Donald Freed and Arnold M. Stone ; produced and directed by Robert Altman.
- [United States] : Criterion Collection : Janus Films, 2004.
- Criterion collection; 257.
The Criterion collection ; 257
1 videodisc (90 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Freed, Donald, 1932- -- Film adaptations.
Stone, Arnold M. -- Film adaptations.
Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994.
Watergate Affair, 1972-1974 -- Drama.
- Film adaptations.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD, full screen (1.33:1) presentation; Dolby Digital mono.
- Dramatizes the life of Richard M. Nixon in the final hours before his resignation from the U.S. presidency. The plot theorizes that the Watergate scandal was engineered by Nixon, framing himself for lesser crimes to keep investigators from stumbling onto worse ones : treason, massive government corruption and diversion of funds.
- Philip Baker Hall.
- Director of photography, Pierre Mignot ; editor, Juliet Weber ; music, George Burt.
- Based on a play Last tape and testament of Richard M. Nixon by Donald Freed and Arnold M. Stone.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 1984.
Filmed at the University of Michigan.
Includes commentaries by Altman and Freed ; interview with Philip Baker Hall ; archival film from the career of Pres. Nixon.
- Altman, Robert, 1925-2006. , , Director
Hall, Philip Baker, 1931- , Actor
Burt, George. , Composer
Freed, Donald, 1932- , Screenwriter, Author
Stone, Arnold M. , Screenwriter, Author
Sandcastle 5 Productions. , Producer
University of Michigan. Dept. of Communication. , Producer
Los Angeles Actors' Theatre. , Producer
Criterion Collection (Firm) , Distributor
Janus Films. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
SEC130 Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|