Sense and sensibility [videorecording] / dramatized by Alexander Baron ; produced by Barry Letts ; directed by Rodney Bennett.
- Other Title:
- Container title: Jane Austen's Sense and sensibility
- [United States] : BBC Video ; Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, 2004.
- BBC classics.
1 videodisc (174 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Austen, Jane, 1775-1817 -- Film adaptations.
England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Drama.
Social structure -- England -- 18th century -- Drama.
Sisters -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- Romance television programs.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; Region 1; Dolby Digital.
- Jane Austen's first novel is the story of two sisters attempting to find happiness in the tightly structured society of 18th century England. Through their experiences with men and their relationship with each other, they learn that neither sense nor sensibility alone is enough, but that one must strive for a balance of the two.
- Irene Richard, Tracey Childs.
- Music by Dudley Simpson.
- Aspect ratio 4:3.
Originally broadcast on television in 1981.
- Bennett, Rodney. , Director
Letts, Barry. , Producer
Baron, Alexander, 1917- , Screenwriter
Richard, Irene. , Actor
Childs, Tracey. , Actor
Woodward, Peter. , Actor
Simpson, Dudley George, 1922-2017 , Composer
Austen, Jane, 1775-1817. , Author
BBC Video (Firm) , Distributor
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
E1683 Warner Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|