A fragment of the history of John Bull : with the birth, parentage, education, and humours of Jack Radical : with incidental remarks upon ancient and modern radicalism / by Horace Hombergh, Esq. of the Middle Temple, London.
- Durham : Printed by F. Humble and Co. ... for Hatchard and Son ..., London : And sold by Akenhead, Charnley, and Finlay, Newcastle upon Tyne, Renney, Sunderland, and Andrews, Durham, 1820-1821.
3 parts in 1 v. (iv, 85,  p.; iv, 99,  p.; iv, 111,  p.) ; 24 cm. (8vo)
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1789-1820 -- Anecdotes.
Great Britain -- History -- 1789-1820 -- Anecdotes.
Political satire, English -- 19th century.
Radicalism -- Great Britain.
- Place of Publication:
- England Durham.
- Horace Hombergh is a pseudonym used by William Ettrick. Cf. Halkett & Laing.
Sub-title of pt. 2 is: A further description of the pranks and humours of Jack Radical, with his skill in ventriloquism, &c. London, 1821; pt. 3, More of the humours, opinions, and practices of Jack Radical, with his revival, extension and varied illustration of the sceptical theory of light and darkness, &c. London, 1821.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Clyde de Loache Ryals Endowed Acquisition Fund.
Library has pt. 1 only; pts. 2 and 3 wanting.
- Penn Provenance:
- Renier (autograph)
- Penn Chronology:
- Clyde de Loache Ryals Endowed Acquisition Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|