Shiqi sui de dan che [videorecording] = Beijing bicycle / written by Peggy Chiao ...[et al.] ; produced by Peggy Chiao ... [et al.] ; directed by Wang Xiaoshuai.
- Other Title:
- Beijing bicycle
- Culver city, CA : Sony Pictures Classics: Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment, c2002.
1 videodisc (113 min.) : col., sd. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Motion pictures, Chinese.
- Teen films.
- Mandarin dialogue with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD - NTSC; Dolby digital, surround; Region 1.
- Guei arrives from the country. He gets a job as a messenger. The company issues him a bike, which he must pay for out of his wages. When it is stolen, Guei hunts for it. A student, Jian, has it; for him, it's the key to teen society - with his pals and with Xiao, a girl he fancies. Guei finds the bike and stubbornly tries to reclaim it in the face of great odds. But for Jian to lose the bike would mean humiliation. The two young men and the people around them are swept up in the youths' desperation.
- Lin Cui, Xun Zhou, Yuanyuan Gao, Shuang Li, Yiwei Zhao, Yan Pang.
- Cinematographer, Jie Liu ; editors, Ju-kuan Hsiao Hongyu Yang ; music, Feng Wang.
- Film originally released in 2001.
Special features: theatrical trailers.
- Wang, Xiaoshuai. , Director
Chiao, Peggy. , Producer, Screenwriter
Xun, Zhou. , Actor
Lin, Cui. , Actor
Gao, Yuanyuan, 1979- , Actor
Wang, Feng. , Composer
Arc Light Films. , Producer
Sony Pictures Classics (Firm) , Distributor
Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
07827 Sony Pictures Classics