A collection of the several statutes, and parts of statutes, now in force, relating to high treason, and misprision of high treason.
- London : Printed by Charles Bill and the executrix of Thomas Newcomb, deceas'd, printers to the Queens Most Excellent Majesty, 1709.
113,  44,  p. ; 16 cm. (12mo)
- Treason -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
- Armorial bindings -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- With an initial leaf signed: Math. Johnson, Cler' Parliamentor', ordering the printing of a 'Collection of the statutes now in force, relating to high treason, and misprision of high treason, and the methods of trial for these crimes', and with a table.
Includes "A form and method of trial of commoners, in cases of high treason, and misprision of high treason ... London, 1709" with special t.p. and separate pagination and signatures.
Signatures: A-E¹² F⁴, ²A⁸ B¹² C⁴.
Title pages within woodcut borders; woodcut initials.
- Local notes:
- This title is part of The Library and Reading of Jonathan Swift: a Partial Replication, a collection given to the University of Pennsylvania Rare Book & Manuscript Library in 2005 in memory of Susan Homans Elias and in honor of the late Heinz J. Vienken.
Binding: full brown calf with gold-tooled panels, gold stamped floral designs and coat of arms at center; five raised bands, panels with title and floral designs stamped in gold on spine; gold stamped turn-ins, marbled endpapers, gilt edges.
- Penn Provenance:
- Vienken, Heinz J. (honoree)
Elias, Susan Homans (honoree)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC T136807
Passmann-Vienken. Swift's Library, I, 437
- Bill, Charles, printer.
Executrix of Thomas Newcomb, printer.
Swift's Library and Reading Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Form and method of trial of commoners, in cases of high treason and misprision of high treason.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|