Musashino fujin [videorecording] = The lady of Musashino / a Toho Production ; screenplay, Yoshikata Yoda ; writers, Shohei Ooka and Yoshikata Yoda ; screen adaptator, Tsuneari Fukuda ; producer, Hideo Koi ; director, Kenji Mizoguchi.
- Other Title:
- Lady of Musashino
- [London] : Artificial Eye : distributed by World Cinema Ltd., c2004.
1 videodisc (85 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Ōoka, Shōhei, 1909-1988 -- Film adaptations.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Adultry -- Japan -- Drama.
Women -- Japan -- Social life and customs -- Drama.
Relationships -- Japan -- Drama.
Women -- Japan -- Economic conditions -- Drama.
Marriage -- Japan.
Motion pictures, Japanese.
- Film adaptations.
- In Japanese with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD - PAL; Region 2.
- "Tells the story of Michiko, a disillusioned young woman trapped in a loveless marriage. She confides in her younger cousin, Tsutomo, and the two become close, but decide not to consummate their affair. He instead becomes involved with the flirtatious Tomiko, who is also conducting an affair with Michiko's husband. When Michiko finds that her husband has abandoned her, she decides to take fate into her own hands."--Container.
- Kinuyo Tanaka, Masayuki Mori, Yukiko Todoroki, Akihiko Katayama.
- Cinematographer, Masao Tamai ; editor, Ryoji Bando ; music, Fumio Hayasaka.
- Based on the novel by Shohei Ooka.
Aspect ratio 1.33:1.
Originally released in 1951.
- Mizoguchi, Kenji, 1898-1956. , Director
Koi, Hideo. , Producer
Yoda, Yoshikata, 1909- , Screenwriter
Fukuda, Tsuneari. , Adapter
Tanaka, Kinuyo, 1909-1977 , Actor
Mori, Masayuki, 1911-1973. , Actor
Todoroki, Yukiko. , Actor
Hayasaka, Fumio, 1914-1955. , Composer
Ōoka, Shōhei, 1909-1988. , , Screenwriter
Tōhō Kabushiki Kaisha. , Producer
Artificial Eye (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
Art 277 Artificial Eye
VFC 08952 Artificial Eye
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|