A quintet of cuisines / by Michael and Frances Field and the editors of Time-Life Books ; Photographed by Sheldon Cotler and Richard Jeffery ; Photography in Poland by Eliot Elisofon.
- New York, Time-Life Books .
- Foods of the world
208 pages color illustrations, color maps ; 29 cm.
- International cooking.
- Cookbooks -- New York (State) -- New York -- 20th century.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Switzerland: a small treasury of alpine pleasures
The Low Countries: the intermingling of proud styles
Poland: a steadfastly preserved cuisine
Bulgaria and Romania: pastoral themes, Turkish touches
North Africa: an exploration of the exotic.
- "The text for this book was written by Michael and Frances Field, the recipe instructions by Michael Field assisted by Helen I. Barer, and other material by members of the staff."
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by Laurie Burrows Grad.
Blank Collection copy has bookplate of Chef Fritz Blank.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has ms. inscription on front flyleaf: "For Anais & Hugo Who knows this represents Toil and reads like pleasure. Please have pleasure, forget theorie. Love, always Frances & Michael 9/70".
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has stamp on front flyleaf: "From the library of Anais Nin and Ian Hugo".
Nick Malgieri Culinary Archive and Library copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2015 by Nick Malgieri.
- Penn Provenance:
- Nin, Anaïs, 1903-1977 (stamp) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Hugo, Ian, 1898-1985 (stamp) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Grad, Laurie Burrows (donor)
Blank, Fritz (bookplate) (donor) (Blank Collection copy)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Malgieri, Nick (donor) (Malgieri Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Field, Frances, joint author.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Laurie Burrows Grad Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Chef Fritz Blank Culinary Archive and Library (University of Pennsylvania)
Nick Malgieri Culinary Archive and Library (University of Pennsylvania)
Culinary Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|