Police on screen : Hollywood cops, detectives, marshals and rangers / M. Ray Lott.
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., c2006.
vii, 214 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Police films -- United States -- History and criticism.
Detective and mystery films -- United States -- History and criticism.
Western films -- United States -- History and criticism.
- "This comprehensive examination provides a critical-historical analysis of law enforcement in American cinema. From High Noon to The Empire Strikes Back, it examines the police in their many incarnations with emphasis on the ways in which lawmen are portrayed and how this portrayal changes over time"--Provided by publisher.
- Includes filmography: p. 203-209.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 211-212) and index.
- 0786425776 (softcover : alk. paper)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|