Arbuckle & Keaton. Vol. 1 [videorecording] / a Comique/Paramount release ; Kino International Corp. ; produced for video by Bret Wood.
- Other Title:
- Arbuckle and Keaton
Subtitle on container: the Original Comique/Paramount shorts, 1917-1920
- New York, NY : Kino International, c2001.
1 videodisc (125 min.) : sd., col. tinted ; 4 3/4 in.
- Short films.
- Silent with English intertitles and musical accompaniment.
- System Details:
- [Bell boy] Arbuckle and Keaton as bellboys at a small town hotel, which they eventually completely wreck. Features Arbuckle's classic "shaving routine," where he progressively turns a Rasputin-like character into General Grant, Abraham Lincoln and then into the Kaiser.
[Butcher boy] Contains Arbuckle's famous "knife juggling" bit, Keaton's first film appearance in his classic "can of molasses" routine, and Arbuckle romping around in drag at an all girl private school.
[Out West] Arbuckle's first attempt at movie parody, poking fun at the already cliched cowboy western. The film also contains some heavy racism.
[Moonshine] A parody of Arbuckle's own freewheeling comedy style, filled with inside jokes. After defeating the hillbilly mountaineers, Arbuckle and Keaton conclude the film with a stinging parody of rival Charlie Chaplin's "losing the girl" pathos-type endings.
[Hayseed] Notable for being the only Arbuckle Comique film in which Buster Keaton -- later known as "The Great Stone Face"--Does not either laugh or smile on screen. Also features the trick dance comedian John Coogan, child star Jackie Coogan's father.
- The bell boy (1918, 33 min.)
The butcher boy (1917, 30 min.)
Out West (1918, 25 min.)
Moonshine (1918, 23 min.)
The hayseed (1919, 27 min.).
- Buster Keaton, Roscoe Arbuckle, John Coogan.
- Producer, Joseph M. Schenck ; director, Roscoe Arbuckle ; music composed and performed by The Alloy Orchestra.
- Originally produced as motion pictures between 1917 and 1919.
Digitally remastered versions.
- Arbuckle, Roscoe, 1887-1933. , Actor, Director
Schenck, Joseph M., 1877-1961. , Producer
Keaton, Buster, 1895-1966. , Actor
Wood, Bret. , Producer
Comique Film Corporation. , Producer
Paramount Pictures Corporation (1914-1927). , Producer
Kino International Corporation. , Distributor
- Bell boy.
- Publisher Number:
K204 Kino International
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|