Uncle Moses [videorecording] / produced and distributed by Yiddish Talking Pictures, Inc. ; story by Shalom Asch ; directed by Aubrey Scotto and Sidney Goldin.
- Other Title:
- Title in Yiddish from container: Onḳl Mozes
- [United States] : Yiddish Film Collection, [19--].
1 videocassette (80 min.) : sd., b&w ; 1/2 in.
- Asch, Sholem, 1880-1957 -- Film adaptations.
Labor and laboring classes -- New York -- Drama.
Labor unions -- Drama.
Jews -- New York (N.Y.) -- Drama.
Jews in motion pictures.
- Film adaptations.
- In Yiddish with Yiddish subtitles.
- System Details:
- This film, one of the earliest Yiddish sound films, portrays the lives of Eastern European shtetl Jews transplanted to turn-of-the-century New York's Lower East Side. The bustling sweatshop and overcrowded tenement serve as the backdrop for a rich thematic blend of romantic intrigue, old and young love, realization of financial success, disintegration of the traditional Jewish family, early struggles of the garment worker's union movement, and the clash of old world values and new world dreams.
- Maurice Schwartz, Rubin Goldberg, Judith Abarbanell.
- Director of photography, Frank Zucker, Buddy Harris ; editor, Bob Snody ; music, Samuel Polonsky.
- Based on the play by Sholem Asch.
VHS release of the 1932 motion picture.
- Local notes:
- Freedman Archive Collection. Tape 12.
- Scotto, Aubrey, 1895-1953 , Director
Goldin, Sidney M., 1880-1937. , Director
Schwartz, Maurice, 1890-1960. , Actor
Goldberg, Rubin. , Actor
Abarbanel, Judith. , Actor
Polonsky, Samuel. , Composer
Asch, Sholem, 1880-1957. , Author
Yiddish Talking Pictures, Inc. , Producer, Distributor
Yiddish Film Collection. , Distributor
Robert and Molly Freedman Jewish Music Archive.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|