The rose tattoo [videorecording] / Paramount Pictures presents in Hal Wallis' production of ; producer, Hal B. Wallis ; screenplay by Tennessee Williams ; directed by Daniel Mann.
- Hollywood, Calif. : Paramount, c2004.
- Widescreen DVD collection
1 videodisc (ca. 116 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Williams, Tennessee, 1911-1983 -- Film adaptations.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Grief -- Drama.
Romances -- Drama.
- Melodramas (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; Region 1; Dolby Digital mono.
- Serafina is a Sicillian woman who now lives in the American South. She is mourning the death of her beloved husband, constantly telling herself stories of their time together. Her fragile, emotional existence is shattered when she discovers that her husband had been having an affair. Luckily, Serafina meets truck driver Mangiacavello and their tentative romance may help her through this troubling time.
- Burt Lancaster, Anna Magnani, Marisa Pavan, Ben Cooper, Virginia Grey, Jo Van Fleet, Sandro Giglio.
- Director of photography, James Wong Howe ; art directors, Tambi Larsen, Hal Pereira ; editor, Warren Low ; music, Alex North ; costume designer, Edith Head.
- Aspect ratio 16:9.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1955.
Based on the play "The rose tattoo" by Tennessee Williams.
- Mann, Daniel, 1912-1991 , Director
Wallis, Hal B., 1899-1986 , Producer
Lancaster, Burt, 1913-1994 , Actor
Magnani, Anna, 1908-1973. , Actor
Pavan, Marisa, 1932- , Actor
Cooper, Ben, 1930- , Actor
North, Alex. , Composer
Williams, Tennessee, 1911-1983. , Author, Screenwriter
Paramount Pictures Corporation. , Producer, Distributor
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|