Brown sugar : soul food desserts from family and friends / Joyce White.
- [First Edition]
- [New York, NY] : HarperCollinsPublishers, [c2003].
xviii, 297,  pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
African American cooking.
- Local subjects:
- CHr 2003
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Presents recipes for favorite desserts from the African-American tradition.
- Introduction. Sweet Talk: Kitchen encounter
Take the cake
Puddings and custards: so smooth
Homemade candies: real sweet
Cool ice cream
Simple and sweet: fruit desserts.
- "First Edition."
"Designed by Jessica Shatan."
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by Laurie Burrows Grad.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Grad, Laurie Burrows (donor)
Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Laurie Burrows Grad Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0066209730 : HRD