Through mobility we conquer : the mechanization of U.S. Cavalry / George F. Hofmann.
- Lexington, Ky. : The University Press of Kentucky, c2006.
xv, 578 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Mechanization, Military -- United States -- History.
United States. Army. Cavalry -- History -- 20th century.
- Frank Parker: early mechanized cavalry theorist
A reason to be!
The struggle for an innovative doctrine and a combat car
Cavalrymen looking for new mounts and a tactical doctrine
The "great cavalry debate" over new opportunities
So he lost it all?
Sneak and peek, or fight?
Mechanized cavalry from Normandy to the end of the war
The terrible turmoil of postwar Germany and the U.S. Constabulary
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 531-549) and index.
- 0813124034 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|