Warning shadows [videorecording] : a nocturnal hallucination / Le Cineteca del Comune di Bologna, La Cinémathèque Française, and the Friedrich-Wilhelm-Murnau-Stiftung present ; from a concept by Albin Grau ; directed by Arthur Robison.
- Other Title:
- Original German title: Schatten [videorecording]
- [United States] : Kino on Video, c2006.
1 videodisc (85 min.) : sd., tinted b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Jealousy -- Drama.
Adultery -- Drama.
Motion pictures, German.
- Feature films.
- Silent film with English intertitles translated from German, orchestral soundtrack.
- System Details:
- DVD ; NTSC.
- Expressionist film in which a count is jealous of the attentions his wife pays to "the lover" and various other suitors. The situation comes to a head when a showman/mesmerist puts on a "shadow play" for them all, in which their emotion and passions are mirrored.
- Fritz Kortner, Ruth Weyher, Gustav von Wangenheim, Alexander Granach, Fritz Rasp, Ferdinand von Alten, Max Gutstorff.
- Photography, Fritz Arno Wagner ; edited by Rudolf Schneider and Arthur Robison; music composed and performed by Donald Sosin.
- Originally produced as a silent motion picture in 1923.
Aspect ratio 1.33:1.
"Kino on Video, German silents."--Cover.
"This version of Warning Shadows (Schatten) is based on a comparison of all existing copies, two main sources in particular: An original print, tinted and with French intertitles, from the Cinémathèque Française, and a dupe negative of an American theatrical version from the Museum of Modern Art."
- Robison, Arthur, 1888-1935. , Director
Grau, Albin, 1894-1942. , Creator
Kortner, Fritz. , Actor
Weyher, Ruth, 1901-1983. , Actor
Wangenheim, Gustav von, 1895-1975. , Actor
Cineteca comunale (Bologna, Italy). , Producer
Cinémathèque française. , Producer
Friedrich-Wilhelm-Murnau-Stiftung. , Producer
Kino International Corporation. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
K465 Kino on Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|