Muḳdam midai li-shetoḳ, meʼuḥar midai lashir [videorecording] = Too early to be quiet, too late to sing / Alṭernaṭivah Hafaḳot ; bamai, mefik, Nadav Liṿyatan ; śirṭa shel Ḥaṿah Albershṭain.
- Other Title:
- Muḳdam midei lishtoḳ, meʼuḥar midei lashir
Too early to be quiet, too late to sing
- Tel Aviv : Aviv Productions Inc., c1995.
1 videocassette (53 min.): sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Songs, Yiddish -- Israel.
Yiddish poetry -- Israel.
Poets, Yiddish -- Israel -- Interviews.
- Documentary films.
- In Hebrew and Yiddish with English subtitles.
- Only a few Yiddish poets remain alive, most of them in Israel. Chava Alberstein sets out to interview those last writers of Yiddish poetry, to hear their poems and stories. Along the way, she sings a collection of Yiddish folk songs.
- Hava Albershtain, Hadassa Rubin, Yosef Kerler, Rachel Bolmville, Zima Talarin.
- Researcher, writer and translator, Hava Albershtain ; photographer, Uri Shtainmets ... [et al.] ; editor, Gitit Kabiri.
- Local notes:
- Freedman Archive Collection. Tape 29.
- Alberstein, Chava. , Director, Screenwriter, Performer, Interviewer
Levitan, Nadav. , Producer
Rubin, Hadasa. , Author, Interviewee
Ḳerler, Yosef. , Author, Interviewee
Alternativah Hafakot. , Producer
Aviv Productions, Inc. , Distributor
Robert and Molly Freedman Jewish Music Archive.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|