The People and the power game [videorecording] / a production of Hedrick Smith Productions, Inc. ; produced in association with South Carolina Educational Television ; producers, Barak Goodman, Patrick M. Roddy ; director, Steve Howard ; writers, Hedrick Smith, Barak Goodman, Marc Shaffer, Patrick M. Roddy.
- Bethesda, MD : Hedrick Smith Productions : South Carolina Education Television, c1996.
2 videocassettes (234 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in. + 3 guides (16 p., 20 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.)
- Lobbying -- United States.
Mass media -- Political aspects -- United States.
Executive power -- United States.
Legislative power -- United States.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1993-2001.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter Hedrick Smith leads viewers into the shadows of American government, casting light on the influence of mainstream media and the lobbies, the power showdowns between the White House and Congress, and how their colliding agendas often produce gridlock.
- Tape 1: The unelected: lobbies & the media
tape 2: The elected : the presidency & congress.
- Host, Hedrick Smith.
- Director of photography, Foster Wiley ; editors, Cliff Hackel, Bill Creed ; music, Mac Squier.
- Includes a Citizen's Guide and instructor manuals for high school and college instructors.
Part of the PBS Democracy Project.
- Howard, Steve. , Director
Goodman, Barak. , Producer, Screenwriter
Roddy, Patrick M. , Producer, Screenwriter
Smith, Hedrick. , Host, Screenwriter
Shaffer, Marc. , Screenwriter
Squier, Mac. , Composer
Hedrick Smith Productions. , Producer, Distributor
South Carolina Educational Television Network. , Producer, Distributor
Democracy Project (Public Broadcasting Service)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|