Gupī Gāina o Bāghā Bāina [videorecording] = Goopy Gyne & Bagha Byne / Purnima Pictures ; produced by Nepal Dutt & Ashim Dutt ; scenario, costumes, lyrics, music, direction, Satyajit Ray.
- Other Title:
- Goopy Gyne & Bagha Byne [videorecording]
Title on disc label: Goopy Gyne Bagha Byne
Title on container: Adventures of Goopy & Bagha
- Kolkata : TV Centre, c2005.
1 videodisc (ca. 130 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Motion pictures, Indic.
- Feature films.
Motion pictures, Indic.
- Bengali with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD; region free.
- The action occurs in an imaginary land. Gupi the singer and Bāghā the drummer are untalented musicians whose playing provokes as much ridicule from the peasants as it does contempt from the king. The only audience they manage to charm is the ghosts. Wearing magic sandals, they arrive in the kingdom of Shundi where, to everyone's amazement, the ruler admires their music. Meanwhile, the king of the neighboring realm of Halla, who is the twin brother of the king of Shundi, wants to declare war. Gupi and Bāghā do everything in their power to dissuade him, and finally it is their singing that demobilizes the troops at the last moment. Reconciled, the twin brothers offer to reward Gupi and Bāghā with their daughters in marriage.
- Tapen Chatterji, Robi Ghosh, Santosh Dutta, Jahar Roy, Harindranath Chatterji.
- Photography, Soumendu Roy.
- Goopy's songs sung by Anup Kumar Ghoshal.
Originally produced as motion picture by Purnima Pictures in 1968.
Based on: Gupi Gāina o Bāghā Bāina / Upendra Kishore Ray Choudhury.
- Chatterji, Tapen. , Actor
Ghosh, Robi. , Actor
Dutta, Santosh. , Actor
Roy, Jahar. , Actor
Chatterji, Harindranath. , Actor
Dutt, Nepal. , Producer
Dutt, Ashim. , Producer
Ray, Satyajit, 1921-1992. , Screenwriter, Director, Composer
Ray Choudhury, Upendra Kishore, 1863-1915. , Author
Purnima Productions. , Producer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|