Poĭte na ydysh! [videorecording] : ystoryi︠a︡ odnogo pedsoveta.
- Other Title:
- English title supplied by Freedman Archive: Arkady Gendler Concert: Sing in Yiddish: history of one teacher's meeting
Sing in Yiddish [videorecording]
- [Zaporozhe, Ukraine : TS︠T︡ ORT ; 2006].
1 videodisc (25 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Gendler, Arkady.
Jews -- Music -- Performance.
- Short films.
- Commentary in Russian, songs sung in Yiddish.
- System Details:
- A concert by Arkady Gendler featuring a variety of Yiddish songs that are interspersed with commentary (in Russian), tributes to Gendler and photographs of Gendler and his family at various stages of his life.
- Songs: Mayn Besserabia (My Besserabia) folk melody, lyrics by Moyshe Pintshevsky ; Di Hodydleke (The Swing), lyrics and music by Arkady Gendler ; Shik Mir a Shtral (Send me a ray of light), tango ; Mayn Petrograd, tango ; Zingt a Lid Oyf Yiddish (Sing a song in Yiddish), lyrics and music by Arkady Gendler ; Tum Balalayke, introduced with verse that starts with Ven Zingt a Yid (When does a Jew sing).
- Arkady Gendler.
- Concert held in Zaparozhe, Ukraine.
Gift of Arkady Gendler and the director of the ORT school in Zaparoze.
Song titles provided by Freedman Archive.
- Local notes:
- Freedman Archive Collection. Disc V0065.
- Gendler, Arkady. , Performer
Robert and Molly Freedman Jewish Music Archive.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|