Strangers on a train [videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures ; screenplay by Raymond Chandler and Czenzi Ormonde ; directed by Alfred Hitchcock.
- Other Title:
- Title on container : Alfred Hitchcock's Strangers on a train [videorecording]
- Two-disc special ed. ; full screen presentation.
- Burbank, CA : Distributed by Warner Home Video, c2004.
2 videodiscs (204 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Highsmith, Patricia, 1921-1995 -- Film adaptations.
Murder -- United States -- Drama.
- Film adaptations.
Detective and mystery films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Thrillers (Motion pictures)
- In English or French soundtracks with optional English, French or Spanish subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD - NTSC;Dolby digital mono; Region 1.
- Guy Haines, a tennis star who hates his wife, is approached on a train by a stranger, Bruno Anthony, who hates his father. Anthony offers a plan: each could kill the other's victim. No motive, no clue would link the two murders save the casual meeting of strangers on a train.
- Disc 1. Final release version (101 min.) with commentary by director Peter Bogdanovich, Psycho screenwriter Joseph Stefano, Patricia Highsmith, biographer Andrew Wilson, and others; theatrical trailer.
Disc 2. preview version (103 min.) uncoverd in 1991 and theatrically issued in 1996 ; new making of docummentary Strangers on a train: a Hitchcock classic, with Farley Granger ...[et al.] ; 3 intriguing featurettes: The Hitchcocks on hitch, Strangers on a train: the victim's P.O.V. and Strangers on a train : an appreciation by M. Night Shyamalan; Alfred Hitchcock's historical meeting.
- Farley Granger, Ruth Roman, Robert Walker, Leo G. Carroll.
- Director of photography, Robert Burks ; editor, William Ziegler ; music, Dimitri Tiomkin.
- Adaptation by Whitfield Cook from the novel by Patricia Highsmith.
DVD release of the 1951 motion picture.
- Hitchcock, Alfred, 1899-1980 , Director
Chandler, Raymond, 1888-1959 , Screenwriter
Ormonde, Czenzi, 1913-2004 , Screenwriter
Cook, Whitfield. , Adapter
Granger, Farley. , Actor
Walker, Robert, 1918-1951 , Actor
Roman, Ruth, 1922-1999 , Actor
Tiomkin, Dimitri, 1894-1979 , Composer
Highsmith, Patricia, 1921-1995. , Author
Warner Bros. Pictures (1923-1967). , Producer
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
31975 Warner Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|